Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stephen: What I Do...

I figured I'd kick off this first dev blog by talking about what I do here at Guild Launch. My corporate title is CEO/President. I own the company. Guild Launch was created because I've built guild sites for my own guilds, and I've got more than 12 years of experience in Web Development and this type of company is right up my alley.

On a functional level I am a programmer, project manager and the architect of Guild Launch. I specify how the application should behave in general then run it by the rest of the team and our customers for sanity checks as we refine it into the actual implementation. With input from the team we determine what will be in each release. How long it needs to be tested, etc. We throw ideas around in our conference room then go write code.

I've played MMOs essentially since they started. I played Ultima, but didn't care for it. I lost alot of sleep in Anarchy Online. I helped control the Galaxy in Star Wars Galaxies and I have characters in WoW, LOTRO and Vanguard and now Age of Conan. I help run a guild in WoW that has been active since game launch and is still active. The only guild like that left on the server. We peaked at over 200 members and now have around 90.

My goal is to bring the best guild hosting I can to our customers and to provide a high level of support, which is why I spend so much time here in the forums. My goal is to continually develop features and to never let our product stagnate and with our customer's continued support and evangelism we will do that for a long time to come.

-Stephen

* This post is a repost of an old post from our forums.

2 comments:

L. said...

Can't wait to hear more. :)

I'm a new member and we run the Empire of the Phoenix guild on the Emerald Dream server in WOW.

We just put our page together the other night but so far everyone is liking it... still lots of work to do. :)

silk

... a little ball of truth said...

<3

you do too much for a "ceo"