Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Guild Launch Tour

I decided that giving you guys a tour of Guild Launch would be fun. I took some quick pictures of the office, added some captions, and voila a tour is born. We'll do a people tour some other time, this is just a quick run down of the primary "things to see" here at Guild Launch.

Well, every business has a door, and this is ours.

We're quite proud of our orange 'runic' logo, and we display it prominently.


A great deal of software is developed around the world with the assistance of caffeine. Massive quantities of Vault and Mt. Dew were drank by Michael and me while Guild Launch was in Beta. Here is an assortment of Teas and coffee ready for application. Yummy!


A News Article The Richmond Times Dispatch did an article on Guild Launch and our approach to "Uniting Gamers."

Here you have Vader, Tetsuo and Sol Bianca. The first name is of course from Star Wars the second two are from the well known Akira and from the movie Sol Bianca respectively. Vader is our primary file server. Tetsuo is actually a series of Virtual Machines that run nearly exact replicas of our live environment. This allows us to keep the development and test/preprod environments functionally seperate without having a ton of machines. Sol Bianca is the machine which has Vault, our source control system on it. These are our development servers, the servers the site really runs on are in a data center in the Midwestern US. I'll see if I can get some pictures of those some day.




That about wraps up the things I would show a person who dropped in to visit us. I hope you enjoyed it, let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see.

-Stephen

* Note: This is a repost from our old blog forums

2 comments:

Steev Klimaszewski said...

Since I haven't seen any comments on any of the blog posts - Wanted to let you know at least one person out there has been reading them :)

Why not use a kvm with the servers to reduce power usage from the 3 monitors and keyboards that you currently use? Not that it truely matters, sometimes its faster to have each one seperate :)

L. said...

I liked the tour and I also find coffee very necessary. :)

silk