Friday, February 27, 2009

Safari 4 - Browser Wars Heating Up?

First off, I'm not an Apply fanboi. Apple makes some great products, but as with anything they have their role and their demographic they appeal to. I've played with Safari on Windows and Safari on Mac and I've always felt it was lackluster and believed that Firefox was a hands down better browser.

That being said... I've been playing with the Safari 4 beta and it's *awesome*. It's fast, they use native text rendering now so the text doesn't look like garbage and like I said it's actually an awesome browser now.

I hope to get in some more time with it, but first impressions are that they've really done a good job of fixing Safari's major flaws. The browser wars are heating up and it seems that security and performance are the current battleground which is definitely a win for users.

-Stephen

No comments: